People employed in different types of work are eligible for sponsorship by a current or prospective employer to become Permanent Residents. Many types of work qualify for sponsorship, such as cooks, mechanics and electric engineers. There are different ways to obtain a work visa even after entering the U.S., so please contact the Law Offices of David M. Sperling if you think you might qualify for one of these categories.
A college degree is not necessary for immigrant sponsorship. However, the prospective employee must have legal status or must have applied for permanent residence with the Naturalization and Immigration service and/or the Department of Labor on or before April 30, 2001. Under the new PERM program, many applicants are adjudicated within a few months by the Department of Labor, including the hiring period that takes place before submitting the application.
Once the case is approved, an application for permanent residence is then filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Spouses and children under 21 years of age also qualify for derivative permanent residence. Our office will be happy to assist employers and immigrants to achieve their common goal.