Initially, surviving spouses of a deceased U.S. citizen had no relief available  if the spouse and the U.S. citizen were married less than two years at the time of the citizen’s death.

    Now, it is possible for the surviving spouse to obtain a Green Card through a self-petition. Since the petition must be filed within a certain time period, contact us immediately if you believe you have a case.